Are you looking for a professional challenge? Do you want to be part of an integrated team of professionals helping families by providing hands-on therapies to children and young adults living with autism or other neurodevelopmental disorders? You can be part of our story. At ISAND, we’re passionate about providing the highest level of service to produce the best possible outcomes for young people and their families.
ISAND is a unique Toronto-based registered non-profit organization, offering integrated multi-disciplinary care for children, youth and young adults with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Our team includes clinicians from the following disciplines: Medicine, Psychology, Speech & Language Therapy, Behavioural Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Nutrition, and Education. Clinicians work as independent private practitioners, working as part of a registered non-profit organization.
Working at ISAND offers clinicians work as private practitioners with flexibility to set one’s own hours, access to the expertise of a team who specialize in Autism Care, and opportunities for professional growth and development. ISAND offers competitive wages in the autism field and a supportive environment. To learn more about ISAND, visit www.isand.ca
POSITION: Speech-Language Pathologist
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Independent Contractor
LOCATION: Toronto (Yonge/Finch)
HOURS of WORK: Flexible self-scheduling with the ability to build caseload size.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum 3 Years
As an Independent Contractor, you will maintain professional autonomy while being part of a multidisciplinary team of registered and allied health professionals dedicated to delivering the highest standard of care. The successful candidate will provide speech and language assessment and therapy in the clinic, the client’s home, daycare, school or other community location offering virtual and in-person options. The SLP will work with children with ASD and/or other Neurodevelopmental Disorders and their families individually and in groups.
- Provide consultation, assessment, planning and intervention activities
- Develop and provide SLP interventions to clients: individually and in small groups; in-centre and community-based settings; in-person and via virtual care platform (i.e. Zoom)
- Collaborate with clinicians within and across disciplines to ensure high-quality, integrated client care
- Participate in regular clinical team meetings and assist in the development of creative solutions to family challenges
- Provide parent coaching, feedback and support
- Support positive working relationships among clinical and administrative teams, client families, and community professionals
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with adolescents, and school aged children with autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders;
- Education: Master’s Degree in SLP;
- CASLPO registration, in good standing;
- Specific training and/or experience in the area of social skills intervention, Social Thinking ® methodology preferred;
- Knowledge of or experience with: AAC; Hanen; higher-level literacy training considered an asset;
- Experience in the areas of: motor speech; language; and functional communication;
- Demonstrated ability to provide both in-person and virtual interventions for individuals and small groups;
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience providing coaching, feedback and support to families;
- Strong self-motivation, enthusiasm and creativity with a willingness to explore novel program development, and collaborative problem solving;
- Current Vulnerable Sector and Police Check and ability to travel to home and community-based settings;
- Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends in-person or virtual, as requested by clients;
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance;
- Experience working with adults with ASD is considered an asset;
- Experience providing supervision to CDA, or student placements is considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
If you are inspired to join our team in helping to meet the needs of children with ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders, along with their families, and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization, please email a single file (Word or PDF format) with your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
ISAND strives to create an accommodating and inclusive workplace and we commit to merit, transparency and inclusivity in our recruitment processes to ensure equal opportunity for all of our applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $101.25-$120.00 per hour
We are currently providing services through a mix of virtual and in-person sessions and are following all COVID-19 regulatory protocols.