Are you looking for a professional challenge? Do you want to be part of an integrated team of professionals helping families by providing hands-on therapies to children and young adults living with autism or other neurodevelopmental disorders? You can be part of our story. At ISAND, we’re passionate about providing the highest level of service to produce the best possible outcomes for young people and their families.
ISAND is a unique Toronto-based registered non-profit organization, offering integrated multi-disciplinary care for children, youth and young adults with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Our team includes clinicians from the following disciplines: Medicine, Psychology, Speech & Language Therapy, Behavioural Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Nutrition, and Education. Clinicians work as independent private practitioners, working as part of a registered non-profit organization.
Working at ISAND offers clinicians work as private practitioners with flexibility to set one’s own hours, access to the expertise of a team who specialize in Autism Care, and opportunities for professional growth and development. ISAND offers competitive wages in the autism field and a supportive environment. To learn more about ISAND, visit www.isand.ca
Position: Behaviour Consultant (BCBA)
Employment Status: Independent Contractor
Hours of work: Contractors establish their own caseloads and schedules, working as many hours as they are comfortable. Evening and/or weekend hours may be required to meet client needs.
Experience required: Minimum three years
ISAND is seeking a Behaviour Consultant (BCBA) to work as part of our interdisciplinary team providing naturalistic behavioural services and supports to children and youth living with ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders and their families. The Behaviour Consultant will work within a collaborative model ensuring access to or consultation with other disciplines as appropriate to provide an optimal treatment approach.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years working with pre-school and/or school-aged children having ASD and (possibly) other neurodevelopmental disorders in clinic, home, community and school settings;
- Masters’ Degree in: psychology; applied disability studies; ABA or another related field;
- BCBA certification;
- Training and/or experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis including NDBI methods;
- Demonstrated ability to provide in-person and virtual therapy;
- Experience working with positive behaviour support approaches to behavioural intervention;
- Strong interpersonal skills and/or proven experience that support collaboration within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience providing coaching, feedback and support to families;
- Current (within past six months), positive Vulnerable Sector Screening and Police Check
- Ability to speak knowledgeably on the benefits of naturalistic and PBS approaches to behaviour therapy and when they are considered a preferred approach;
- A demonstrated ability to disseminate knowledge to a wide variety of audiences;
- Registration with Ontario Autism Program (OAP) as a clinical supervisor for behavioural interventions considered an asset;
- Develop and implement individualized intervention programs based on the principles of Applied Behavioural Analysis;
- Collaborate with clinical team members from across disciplines to ensure high-quality, integrated therapies;
- Participate in clinical team meetings and client case conferences to assist with the development of creative, therapeutic approaches to unique client issues;
- Support positive working relationships among clinical and administrative teams, client families and community professionals;
- Contribute to the positive on-going growth and development of ISAND
How to apply:
Please attach a single file (PDF or Word format) that includes your resume and cover letter to an email addressed to: email@example.com with subject heading: Behaviour Consultant
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $101.25-$120.00 per hour
We are currently providing services through a mix of virtual and in-person sessions and are following all COVID-19 regulatory protocols.