Professional Opportunity: Behaviour Therapist
Are you looking for a professional challenge? Do you want to be part of an integrated team of professionals helping families by providing hands-on therapies to children and young adults living with autism or other neurodevelopmental disorders? You can be part of our story. At ISAND, we’re passionate about providing the highest level of service to produce the best possible outcomes for young people and their families.
ISAND is a unique Toronto-based registered non-profit organization, offering integrated multi-disciplinary care for children, youth and young adults with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Our team includes clinicians from the following disciplines: Medicine, Psychology, Speech & Language Therapy, Behavioural Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Nutrition, and Education. Clinicians work as independent private practitioners, working as part of a registered non-profit organization.
Working at ISAND offers clinicians work as private practitioners with flexibility to set one’s own hours, access to the expertise of a team who specialize in Autism Care, and opportunities for professional growth and development. ISAND offers competitive wages in the autism field and a supportive environment. To learn more about ISAND, visit www.isand.ca
POSITION: Behaviour Therapist
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Independent Contractor, Full and Part Time Hours available
LOCATION: Toronto (Yonge/Finch) Primarily in-person therapy, with virtual option when clinically appropriate
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum 2 Years
We are seeking an enthusiastic Behaviour Therapist to work as part of our Early Intervention Team to provide services and supports for families of children living with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. The Behaviour Therapist will work within a naturalistic, integrated and collaborative model. This position will report to ISAND’s Early Intervention Clinical Supervisors and be responsive to the Clinical Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Postsecondary education in a related field.
- Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development.
- Experience and desire to participate in natural, child-led approaches to behavioural intervention.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will support collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Committed and responsible approach towards work.
- Experience with naturalistic developmental behavioural intervention (NDBI) is strongly preferred.
- Current Vulnerable Sector and Police Check and ability to travel to home and community-based settings.
- Assist in the development of individualized intervention programs based on the principles of Naturalistic Developmental Behavioural Intervention (NDBI).
- Provide NDBI to children both individually and in small groups, in home and community-based settings.
- Collaborate with clinical team members to ensure high-quality, well-integrated client care and problem resolution for the unique needs of each family.
- Participate in regular clinical team meetings and assist in the development of creative solutions to family challenges.
- Participate in the rigorous collection and analysis of data.
- Document and report to clinical supervisor and parents on children’s developmental progress.
- Support positive working relationships among clinical and administrative teams, client families, and community professionals.
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe.
- Contribute positively to the ongoing growth and development of ISAND.
HOW TO APPLY
If this professional opportunity appeals to you, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com subject line OT opportunity. ISAND strives to maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment. We thank all interested parties, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $55-$65.00 per hour
We are currently providing services through a mix of virtual and in-person sessions and are following all COVID-19 regulatory protocols