Senior Therapist (BCBA)
Are you a BOARD CERTIFIED BEHAVIOUR ANALYST (BCBA) with experience working directly with individuals with ASD and their families? Do you have experience providing clinical supervision to other Behaviour clinicians? Do you want to be part of an integrated team of professionals working collaboratively and putting families first? Are you ready to explore a career that can impact lives, including your own? If you are, then be a part of our story. At ISAND we’re passionate about working with families to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
POSITION: Senior Therapist (BCBA)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Independent Contractor
LOCATION: Toronto (Yonge/Finch)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum 5 Years
We are seeking an enthusiastic BCBA to work as part of our interdisciplinary team providing services and supports to children, teens, and young adults living with ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders, and their families. The BCBA will work within a collaborative model to ensure coordinated access across disciplines as appropriate. ISAND offers a supportive interdisciplinary environment with opportunities to develop your skills through comprehensive supervision and collaborative opportunities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with children, teens, and young adults having autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders in clinic, home, community and school settings;
• Education: Master’s Degree: in Psychology; Applied Disability Studies; ABA; or another related field;
• BCBA certification is required;
• Specific training and/or experience in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis is required;
• Demonstrated ability to conduct functional assessments and develop & implement resulting positive behaviour support plans;
• Demonstrated ability to provide in-person and virtual therapy;
• Demonstrated experience providing coaching and mentoring to other Behaviour clinicians, and other disciplines as required;
• Experience working in an interdisciplinary team setting;
• Strong interpersonal skills that will support collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of professionals;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience supporting individuals with complex needs and their families;
• Demonstrated experience providing coaching, feedback and support to families;
• Mature and responsible approach towards work;
• Strong self-motivation, enthusiasm and creativity;
• Experience providing naturalistic developmental behavioural interventions would be considered an asset;
• Demonstrated ability to provide education to parents/caregivers, teachers and other involved persons;
• Experience working with teens and young adults with ASD is preferred;
• Current Vulnerable Sector and Police Check and ability to travel to home and community-based settings.
• With the assistance of Behaviour Consultants, parents/caregivers, and other relevant staff, develop individualized intervention programs based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis
• Provide ABA-based interventions individually and in small groups, in home and community-based settings;
• Collaborate with clinical team members to ensure high-quality, well-integrated client care and problem resolution for the unique needs of each family;
• Participate in regular clinical team meetings and assist in the development of creative solutions to family challenges;
• Participate in the rigorous collection and analysis of data;
• Provide parent coaching, feedback and support;
• Support positive working relationships among clinical and administrative teams, client families, and community professionals;
• Contribute positively to the ongoing growth and development of ISAND.
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY
If you are inspired to join our team in helping to meet the needs of families of children with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization, please attach a single file (Word or PDF format) with your resume along with a cover letter titled: Senior Therapist (BCBA) (R20-09) and email it to email@example.com by Thursday, January 21, 2021.