Early Intervention Behaviour Therapist
Do you want to be part of an integrated team of professionals providing early intervention? Are you ready to explore a career that can impact lives, including your own? Are you a Behaviour Therapist, an Early Childhood Educator (ECE), Communication Disorders Assistant (CDA) or a Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT)? If you are, then be a part of our story. At ISAND we’re passionate about working with families to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
POSITION: Early Intervention Behaviour Therapist
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time, salaried with benefits
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum 2 Years
We are seeking an enthusiastic Behaviour Therapist to work as part of our Early Intervention Team to provide services and supports for families of children living with ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders. The Behaviour Therapist will work within a naturalistic, integrated and collaborative model. This position will report to ISAND’s Early Intervention BCBA Senior Therapist and Clinical Psychologist. ISAND offers a supportive interdisciplinary environment with opportunities to develop your skills through a comprehensive supervision and training program.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Postsecondary education in a related field.
• Knowledge of applied behaviour analysis, autism spectrum disorder and child development.
• Experience and desire to participate in natural, child-led approaches to behavioural intervention.
• Strong interpersonal skills that will support collaboration with a multidisciplinary team ofprofessionals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Committed and responsible approach towards work.
• Experience with naturalistic developmental behavioural interventions (NDBI) such as Pivotal Response Treatment, Early Start Denver Model, Incidental Teaching, JASPER and/or Project ImPACT is strongly preferred.
• Current Vulnerable Sector and Police Check and ability to travel to home and community-based settings.
• Assist in the development of individualized intervention programs based on the principles of Naturalistic Developmental Behavioural Intervention (NDBI).
• Provide NDBI to children both individually and in small groups, in home and community-based settings.
• Collaborate with clinical team members to ensure high-quality, well-integrated client care and problem resolution for the unique needs of each family.
• Participate in regular clinical team meetings and assist in the development of creative solutions tofamily challenges.
• Participate in the rigorous collection and analysis of data.
• Document and report to clinical supervisor and parents on children’s developmental progress.
• Support positive working relationships among clinical and administrative teams, client families, and community professionals.
• Opportunity to participate in other programs and services (e.g. Social Peers groups)
• Contribute positively to the ongoing growth and development of ISAND.
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY
If you are inspired to join our team in helping to meet the needs of families of children with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization, please attach a single file (Word or PDF format) with your resume along with a cover letter titled: Behaviour Therapist (R20-07) and email it to email@example.com. ISAND strives to create an accommodating and inclusive workplace and we commit to merit, transparency and inclusivity in our recruitment processes to ensure equal opportunity for all of our applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted